Looking ahead at Santa Clarita weather will help you when you pack for your Southern California trip! The Santa Clarita Valley enjoys a mild Southern California high desert climate. Summers are dry and warm ranging in temperature from 75 to 100+ degrees. Winters are temperate with occasional light rain and range from 40 to 65 degrees. Rainfall occurs between the months of November and March. Santa Clarita has an average temperature of 77 degrees, making it an ideal year-round Southern California travel destination.
- Review our Calendar of Southern California events to best plan if you want to come early or stay late to catch a special event such as summer concerts, the annual Cowboy Festival, Tributefest or a sporting event as we host a variety throughout the year.
- Look through the Santa Clarita visitor guide in advance to learn more about all the fun you’ll have while in Santa Clarita!
- Check out our Drive within 25 and see all of the amazing attractions that you can visit when you stay in Santa Clarita!
Here are some quick links for local theatres, resources, theme parks and movie theaters:
- Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center Box Office
- Santa Clarita Guide.com
- Canyon Theatre Guild Box Office
- The MAIN
- William S. Hart Ranch & Museum
- Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor
- Edwards Cinemas
Since Santa Clarita is home to Six Flags Magic Mountain, the THRILL capital of the WORLD, here are some additional Six Flags Tips for Family Fun!
Over the years, we’ve learned a lot about making the most of a day at Six Flags Magic Mountain. These tips will help ensure that you have a great time.
- Check Six Flags Magic Mountain operating hours before you visit, call the Park information hotline at (661) 255-4111. All operating hours are posted on sixflags.com as well.
- Visit Six Flags Magic Mountain when attendance is lightest. Best bets are weekdays and during the winter season.
- Bring a jacket or sweatshirt for cool mornings and evenings to prepare for different Santa Clarita weather conditions. Store it in the lockers near the main entrance.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is allowed in designated smoking areas only.
- Arrange a meeting place and time in case your party becomes separated.
- Stop by Six Flags Magic Mountain Stroller Rental if you need a stroller or wheelchair. They are rented for a fee and on a first-come, first-served basis, so arrive early.
- Review the park map online or at the park to familiarize yourself with the Park’s layout and to plan your day (map for Hurricane Harbor not available).
- Pick up a Six Flags Magic Mountain show schedule at Guest Relations.
- Plan to start your day at the Six Flags Magic Mountain attractions farthest from the main entrance. Also, ride your favorite rides when the park first opens or after 5 p.m.
- To save time, eat at non-traditional lunch and dinner hours.
- Make sure children feel comfortable with a ride before they board.
Follow the above tips and your trip to Six Flags Magic Mountain is sure to be a highlight of your Southern California travel plans!